Just So You Know

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Senseless Ramblings (Its not supposed to make sense)

Just a Note: Sam Van Eman

This advertising guy either doesn't have a good presentation or his concept just sucks.
"A women lying about cell phone coverage is looking for God." What is that supposed to mean?

I have this film that is great,
But the producer doesn't like it,
"More sex, more violence, more controversy,"
I don't like it, but if I don't
There will be nothing for my family and I.

- I'm mostly all blogged out, that last push bled me all out.
- Don't give the public what they want.
- When you try to appeal to everyone you appeal to no one.
- Feed your child fried food and sugar drinks.
- Undermining the ethics and business of Hollywood would destroy entertainment.
- If movies were my idols and I worshiped them, they would fulfill me until I died, because there is literally a limitless supply of them. I could watch movies all of my life and do nothing else, and still not see all of them.

Nothing is wrong with big blockbusters, in fact, I love them! Does that make me a capitalist pig, oh well, so be it. If you ever see anyone around campus with a red shirt on with the letter NFB on it and waving a Canadian flag around, you know who it is. Would he rather see the end of all mindless entertaining big blockbuster movies, I don't know, but that looks like the direction he is going in. Would he love it if the evangelical creative arts took over Hollywood and destroyed the money loving producers, absolutely. There is nothing wrong with movies that delight and entertain the mind and the soul, with no real meaning underneath it. A film doesn’t have to have a Christian allegory to be a great film. I would love to be a producer or director of some films that come out of Hollywood, pretty much anything would do, just to experience it. I would love to e an independent filmmaker, that is where the movie business is going anyway, and I want to be there. Sure Canada is pretty cool, and although you may not like America, it is way better than Canada will ever be.

- She tried instant oatmeal, and she got fat.
- Whether we like it or not, we are more culture than we are evangelical.
- Christians don't care about anything but their own moral code.

Take away from me these films?
They have no values and no message
Why do the capitalists make it so?
The only way, is to become no more.

There was once a boy with a knife
Who didn't know what to do with his life,
So he took up the blade into the air,
And brought it down into a juicy pear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home