Just So You Know

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

This is about a short film, something you may have read 100 times over, but, beat with me. Bad Animals, not a great film, I can't believe that is this film can get on that ResFest DVD, then what other films got on too. You film can have hardly any production values, no story, and nothing really at all, except for a very strange story. Of course this film is six years old so I have no reason to criticize it, its almost out of my generation.
And my DMA movie isn't going to be any better, so I can't complain. A Steve Leeper edited film, and true, a bad film, they could've done something better, you would think, but they did all the stuff they had to do with what they could with the little time that they had and the other stuff that didn't happen. Since a lot of the people already have experience in filmmaking, hopefully our movies will be a lot better than the movies I just saw, since they will actually be focused on a specific subject.
A French amateur film is up next, this should be interesting…amazing. Whatever they did to film that, it was ingenious, way more than an amateur film. Biker Witches, who would have thought, it was a great idea, and I'm sure they spent a lot of time planning. A fun story and cool visuals, that is what it is all about, and some violence mixed in there. I especially liked that part where the man in the wheelchair got hit and flew towards the camera.
Talking about a fun story, last night I watched "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" , a wonderful anime film that is very, very good, great story. If you ever get the chance, check this out, it would be a good experience and you will be inspired.
If someone in this class doesn't know how to use a simple Panasonic camera, then they should probably do a little research before coming to class.
The way to film is without tapes, tapes are overrated, seriously, decks in cameras always die way to fast. The way to go is hard drive, once the image quality gets to 3 CCD, that is what everyone should get.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Caitlynn said...

Castle in the Sky is one of my favorites. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home